Iowa Water and Sanitary Sewer Services: 2023 Benchmark Report
CGA is proud to present the results from our recent survey of agencies overseeing water and sanitary sewer services across Iowa. The study offers a detailed look into the water and sewer rates, allowing municipalities to benchmark their services and make informed decisions.
About the Survey:
- Coverage: We reached out to 289 cities spanning 28 counties in Iowa.
- Participation: 103 cities responded, providing a robust data set.
- Community Diversity: Our survey includes a wide range of communities. From Galt, Iowa (population: 21) to Marshalltown, Iowa (population: 27,591), we’ve captured a diverse spectrum of Iowa’s municipalities.
Key Features of the Report:
- Detailed Data Tables: Browse through alphabetical listings of the respondent cities, complemented with their population data and rates for various water or sewer usage benchmarks such as 3,000, 5,000, 10,000, and 100,000 gallons per month.
- Comparative Analysis: This report not only presents this year’s findings but also includes summarized data from our 2021 and 2019 surveys, allowing for trend analysis over the years.
If you’re a participating agency and haven’t received your copy, or if you’d like to access this valuable resource, we invite you to fill out the form below.
Get The Report
Water | Sewer Rate Study Request 2023
Discover how CGA provides Iowa municipalities with tailored engineering solutions and support here.
For more utility resources, visit the Iowa Association of Municipal Utilities here.