Clapsaddle-Garber Associates, Inc. (CGA)
Engineers | Land Surveyors
Clapsaddle Garber Associates, Inc. (CGA) is seeking a Civil Engineer specializing in Municipal and Governmental Engineering to join our growing team. CGA is a mid-sized, full-service civil engineering and land surveying firm headquartered in Marshalltown, Iowa, serving Iowa for over 60 years. CGA offers its employees a work-life balance, a flexible work culture, and a casual and fun work environment. You can choose to be located out of any one of our four offices (Ackley, Ames, Cedar Falls, or Marshalltown).
Finding the Right Fit
We are seeking an Engineer who has a passion to enhance the communities we live in. We aren’t seeking someone who sees the work as an 8-5 job. We are looking for someone who values a city’s infrastructure so much they want to ensure it is there for generations to come. Someone who is not only fanatical about developing relationships with a city’s governing body but someone who shows kindness to its residents. Someone who would consider themselves an extension of a city’s staff.
About the Job
You will serve as the Engineer for municipal public infrastructure projects, including but not limited to roadway and curb replacements, storm-water management, water and sewer infrastructure, erosion and sediment control, traffic improvements, exterior ADA upgrades, and renovation of park facilities and amenities. You will be attending planning and zoning, city council, and other meetings required to serve as the civil engineer consultant. Time will be spent coordinating permitting with FEMA, DOT, DNR, County and local municipalities. You will continue to build client relationships by growing our current clients and pursuing new ones through marketing activities.
Specifically, we’re looking for someone who
- Has a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Civil Engineering or similar discipline.
- Is in possession of a Professional Engineering License issued by the State of Iowa or can obtain one within six months.
- Has a proven track record of experience in municipal public works infrastructure, permitting, and applicable software applications including hydrology modeling programs, storm drainage programs, AutoCAD, and Civil 3D.
- Can present and convey ideas and solutions to clients and the public.
- Is able to display compassion to those affected by changes happing within the city.
- Has a passion to mentor fellow engineers.
- Takes on construction administration duties, including submittal review, field inspections, RFIs, and change requests, when needed.
- Can quickly acquire familiarity with the roles and functions of the current projects and workload.
- Excels in communication skills including not only written and verbal communication, but strong active listening skills.
- Has strong networking skills to continue to grow our project portfolio.
- Is proficient in the use of computerized office equipment and software, including but not limited to MS Office applications, and Adobe products needed for the performance of work.
Our dream candidate would also have some or all of the following
- Five to ten years of experience with municipal public works projects
- Proven project management skills
To apply for this job email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below.
CGA is an EEO employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com