Website CGA_Consultants Clapsaddle-Garber Associates, Inc. (CGA)
Engineers | Land Surveyors
CGA (Clapsaddle-Garber Associates, Inc.) is a civil engineering and land surveying firm based in Ackley, Ames, Cedar Falls, and Marshalltown, Iowa. We have provided a full range of quality engineering and land surveying services throughout Central Iowa since 1959. The CGA team includes Professional Engineers, Licensed Land Surveyors, a Real Estate Broker, and a Landscape Architect Intern (L.A.I.). Areas of expertise include aviation facilities; construction administration for public and private clients; residential, commercial, and industrial subdivisions; public, commercial, and private site designs; land surveying and construction staking; right of way acquisition; stormwater studies and management plans; construction testing and observation for public and private clients; studies, planning, and design of traffic, transportation, and recreation facilities; planning and design of water distribution systems; and planning and design of wastewater collection systems.
Design Engineer – E.I. (Engineer In Training) | Ames, Iowa
CGA is seeking a Design Engineer with an EIT Certification for our Ames, Iowa office. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of design experience at an engineering firm. They should be knowledgeable in the use of CADD or Civil 3D and possess excellent communication and organizational skills.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and opportunities for career growth and advancement. If you are a skilled and motivated individual looking for a challenging and rewarding career, please submit your application and resume.
- Designing and developing engineering plans and specifications for civil engineering projects.
- Ensuring project compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and codes.
- Conducting site visits to evaluate/assess project needs and identify potential challenges or obstacles.
- Working with project managers and other stakeholders to create project cost estimates, budgets and timelines.
- Participating in construction observation and field inspections to ensure project compliance and quality standards are met.
- 2+ years of experience designing
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Civil, Agricultural, or Environmental Engineering
- Has an EIT certification or able to obtain one within one year of employment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication (including written, verbal, and active listening) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel for fieldwork as required
- EIT Certification from the State of Iowa
The CGA Way:
CGA offers more than the average firm. In addition to our competitive wages, you might be interested in the following benefits:
- Flexible scheduling
- Career Development – we reimburse for certifications and professional licenses. We also pay for workshops, seminars, conferences and lunch and learn programs
- Paid Time Off
- Work Environment: Casual and fun
- 401k profit sharing
- Variety of health insurance plans to choose from or a taxable cash benefit in lieu of health insurance if you’re already covered by someone else!
- Opportunity for career advancement
- Cell phone stipend
Please send a cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com or upload your resume using the form below.
Clapsaddle-Garber Associates is an equal-opportunity employer.
At this time, CGA will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org