CGA (Clapsaddle-Garber Associates, Inc.) is a civil engineering and land surveying firm based in Ackley, Ames, Cedar Falls, and Marshalltown, Iowa. We have provided a full range of quality engineering and land surveying services throughout Central Iowa since 1959. The CGA team includes Professional Engineers, Licensed Land Surveyors, a Real Estate Broker, and a Landscape Architect Intern (L.A.I.). Areas of expertise include aviation facilities; construction administration for public and private clients; residential, commercial, and industrial subdivisions; public, commercial, and private site designs; land surveying and construction staking; right of way acquisition; stormwater studies and management plans; construction testing and observation for public and private clients; studies, planning, and design of traffic, transportation, and recreation facilities; planning and design of water distribution systems; and planning and design of wastewater collection systems.
Design Engineer – E.I. (Engineer In Training) | Ames, Iowa
Is this you?
Clapsaddle-Garber Associates (CGA) is looking for civil engineers to join our team who are talented, creative, independent, and risk-takers. The work CGA does doesn’t differ much from what other civil engineering firms do. What does differ is the level of exposure you will have.
To be a successful engineer at CGA
- You must be passionate about working within a team of problem solvers.
- You will work tirelessly with the client to come up with a solution to their insurmountable problem.
- You will see each project as unique; not come up with a cookie-cutter solution.
- You will have pride in a project knowing the public will be looking at it every day.
- And maybe most importantly, you will see your work as an opportunity to give back to a community and make it a better place to live.
You would demonstrate these skills
- You not only come up with ideas to solve problems but come up with the solutions too.
- You complete work on time and always address every red-line correction you are given.
- Your written and verbal communication is clear and understandable. Your listening skills are able to discern what a client is really asking.
- You participate in team meetings and are willing to assist a team member that is behind in their work.
- You are willing to do what it takes to make yourself and CGA successful.
Required Qualifications / Experience
You’ll need a bachelor’s degree or higher in civil engineering, an EIT Certification issued by the State of Iowa, or the ability to earn one with in the first year of employment and a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
We will give preference to those who have AutoCAD and Civil 3D experience.
What you’ll get including benefits
We offer a unique work environment that is tailored to our employees’ needs. We offer flexible hours. We also offer a collaborative and supportive work environment, where you will be surrounded by other talented and passionate engineers and land surveyors. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to grow professionally.
We offer a competitive salary. Oh yea, we have some great and very competitive benefits including a monetary stipend if you do not need health insurance! Other benefits include $5,000 Employee Referral bonus, Cell Phone Stipend or Cell Phone, flexible office work and work from home options, 401(k) Profit Sharing Retirement Savings Plan, health benefits and much more.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com or upload your resume using the form below.
Clapsaddle-Garber Associates is an equal-opportunity employer.
APPLICANTS MUST BE LEGALLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK FOR CGA IN THE UNITED STATES WITHOUT EMPLOYER SPONSORSHIP. CGA DOES NOT SPONSOR H-1B OR ANY OTHER WORK VISA PETITIONS.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org