Clapsaddle Garber Associates (CGA) is looking for someone excited to begin using professional engineering concepts in world real applications. We are a growing civil engineering firm and are seeking two full-time Design Engineers, EI to work in any of our four offices (Marshalltown, Ackley, Ames, or Cedar Falls). CGA, currently employing 55 people, is a full-service civil engineering and land surveying firm operating in five locations in central Iowa for over 60 years.
We work on a wide variety of large and small projects ranging from municipal infrastructure (i.e., water main, sanitary sewer, storm sewer, and streets) to large scale agricultural drainage districts, commercial projects such as the UnityPoint Hospital (formerly Marshalltown Medical & Surgical Center) and airport projects like the new Hanger and Terminal Buildings at the Marshalltown Airport.
We believe in teamwork, creativity, and enthusiasm. We value initiative and we like to have fun. Some things you would be doing:
- Assist in project planning/analysis and preliminary design.
- Complete project design and develop construction plans/documents, including specifications.
- Assist with construction observation.
- Complete permit applications and coordination with agencies such as FEMA, IaDOT, IaDNR, FAA, etc.
Skills and abilities, we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license (without insurance restrictions).
- EIT Certification issued by the State of Iowa OR the ability to earn one within the first year of employment.
- Strong communication skills: written, verbal, and listening/comprehension. • Strong time management, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Integrity, ingenuity, and inventiveness in the performance of assigned tasks.
- Proficient in the use of computerized office equipment and programs, including MS Office, MS Windows, and Adobe products.
- Ability to use engineering equipment and tools, including computer applications (AutoCAD, Civil 3D, MicroStation, GIS, Hydrologic models, etc.), to make, read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications.
- Prior relevant internships, co-ops, or practical work-experience, preferred.
Why Should You Apply?
- You won’t be pigeon-holed; you’ll work on diverse projects.
- We will challenge you to grow.
- We have a great mix of office and fieldwork.
- Clapsaddle Garber Associates, Inc., is an employee-owned firm offering competitive wages and benefits, including generous paid time off policy, casual and fun work environment, 401k profit sharing, variety of health plans to choose from, or a taxable cash benefit in lieu of health insurance, flexible scheduling, and opportunity for advancement.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com. CGA is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran, and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org