Clapsaddle Garber Associates is hiring 3 Civil Engineering Design Engineers (DE’s) to work in our Ackley, Ames, and Marshalltown offices. Location incentives are available.
CGA is a very diverse civil engineering company for its size and we are growing! In the last 4 years, we have doubled in size. This enables our staff tremendous professional growth.
Don’t let this entry-level position fool you. We are interested in DE’s with an entrepreneurial spirit; hard work determines success. DE’s get experience in different areas and all types of projects to customize their career paths.
What will you be doing on any given day? Just to name a few things, you would
- exercise judgment in interpreting and analyzing data to develop client’s concepts into the design, and finally the development into construction documents
- coordinate with public agencies to ensure the project construction can move forward
- participate on the construction observation team; actually, seeing the design come into reality
- interact and forge long-term relationships with clients and stakeholders so you can work towards creating solutions that solve their problems
- contribute to special projects, studies, and engineering reports
Things important to us are integrity, ingenuity, and inventiveness. You need to be able and willing to learn quickly because of rapidly changing events. We need people who not only have written and verbal skills, but also have strong listening and comprehension skills. This is what develops relationships. Lastly, it is important you have a bachelor’s degree or higher in civil engineering, an EIT Certification issued by the State of Iowa, or the ability to earn one within the first year of employment and a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com. CGA is an EEO employer. At this time, CGA will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org