CGA_Consultants Clapsaddle-Garber Associates, Inc. (CGA)
Clapsaddle-Garber Associates (CGA) has an immediate opening for a full-time Lead Surveyor to work in our Ames office. This is your chance to join a company that believes in enhancing the communities where we live, work, and play so the infrastructure is sound and can be valued by generations to come.
We have 12-full time survey crews and 7 professional land surveyors that use state-of-the-art equipment to complete our work within the state of Iowa. This position would allow our Ames office to run 2 full-time crews that would focus their time within a 60-mile radius of Ames. Typical projects include topographic, boundary, and construction staking surveys for municipal, residential, commercial, and industrial projects.
What you will do
- Perform fieldwork for land surveying scopes of work including construction staking, boundary locations, ALTA/ASCM, topography surveys and performing routine survey/engineering computations.
- Operates survey instruments such as total stations, GPS, and data collectors.
- Use AutoCAD/Civil 3D to extract staking data and generate initial topographic/boundary survey data.
- Records and evaluates data gathered by the survey crew.
- Calculates property lines from field notes and record documents for use in writing legal descriptions.
- Coordinates/communicates with in-house design staff, clients, contractors, and municipalities on project needs.
The applicant must be able to work extended hours including Saturdays, and have the ability to travel out of town for minimal periods of time on an as-needed basis, be capable of working in rough terrain and inclement weather, and be able to lift 50-75 pounds.
- You must possess a valid Driver’s License.
- 1-3 years’ field experience in data collection and construction staking with knowledge of legal descriptions.
- Demonstrable communication skills; verbal, written, and active listening.
- Skilled with GPS, Robotic, Total Stations, and Data Collectors.
- Prior experience using AutoCAD/Civil 3D
- Proficient in the use of computerized office equipment and software, including MS Office, MS Windows, and Adobe products.
- Highly motivated, resourceful, and able to work independently with minimal direction.
- Associate’s degree or completion of a technical trade school in CADD, drafting, or related field.
Why Should You Apply?
- We have a great mix of office and fieldwork.
- You won’t be pigeon-holed; you’ll work on diverse projects.
- We will challenge you to grow.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com