Engineers | Land Surveyors
Clapsaddle-Garber Associates (CGA) is looking for a dedicated individual who matches our values, to fill the position of Environmental/Waste Water Engineering Team Leader to assist in the development of our business and lead the management and delivery of projects from our Water/Wastewater Team. This position could be based out of any of our five Iowa offices: Ackley, Ames, Cedar Falls, Marshalltown or Webster City.
We are seeking an innovative, motivated, and entrepreneurial individual who is committed to providing value to our clients. This position will involve planning, design, and construction management of water/wastewater infrastructure projects. We are looking for a team member who has a proven track record of successfully selling, managing and executing projects. This experience includes managing all activities related to project scope, schedule, cost, quality, communications, resources, and risk elements to optimize client service, quality, and fiscal responsibility, as well as managing a team.
- Serve as Engineer of Record.
- Serve as project manager and maintain staff and client communications.
- Act as client manager which includes: meeting with clients to define the scope of work, prepare engineering agreements and contracts, represent CGA at public meetings, and attend project meetings.
- Build the professional practice of the firm and enhance its reputation with clients, the public, and the profession.
- Assist with business development and marketing and represent CGA at interviews, meetings, etc.
- Develop proposals and statements of qualifications for prospective projects.
- Organize project teams and direct staff engineers, technicians, and administrative staff on project-related tasks.
- Coordinate work with other disciplines.
- Recognize and manage project priorities.
- Oversee permitting and regulatory requirements such as Environmental Protection Agency, Department of Natural Resources, Corps of Engineers, Department of Transportation, and U.S. Fish and Wildlife permitting requirements.
- Oversee the development of design criteria, calculations, and documentation.
- Prepare and review studies, reports, and cost estimates.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Environmental Engineering or Civil Engineering with an emphasis in water and wastewater.
- 8+ years of practical experience in the design of water distribution systems, water treatment systems, wastewater collection systems, and wastewater treatment systems.
- Professional Engineer license required; must possess the ability to obtain a State of Iowa licensure within 6 months.
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff, clients, contractors, and regulatory agencies.
- Experience in writing and reviewing proposals, overseeing revenue, managing staff, and project workload, and business development preferred.
- Experience and expertise in the following areas are desired:
- Design of water supply infrastructure including water distribution systems, wells, ground, and elevated storage tanks, pumping facilities, and treatment facilities.
- Design of wastewater treatment infrastructure including sanitary collection systems, lagoons, mechanical treatment facilities, lift stations, and disinfection.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong problem solving, organization skills, and mathematical abilities.
- Attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Experience with AutoCAD and hydraulic modeling software preferred, but not required
WHAT CGA OFFERS
- Work-Life Balance
- Casual & Fun Work Environment
- Flexible Work Culture
- Competitive Compensation Packages
- Advancement Opportunities
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Health, Life, and Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Program with Employer Profit Sharing Match
- Continuing Education
- Company Cell Phone
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com