Website Clapsaddle-Garber Associates, Inc. (CGA)
Engineers | Land Surveyors
The CGA MARSHALLTOWN Office is adding a full-time PROFESSIONAL LAND SURVEYOR (PLS)
Our Marshalltown office’s survey projects have greatly expanded in the last two years and we need an additional Professional Land Surveyor!
Finding the right fit:
We run state-of-the-art equipment working on survey projects from boundary surveys to 3D scanning to heavy highway staking. We don’t hire survey staff with the intention of laying them off over winter, they are a crucial part of our team at CGA.
This is an ideal position for an experienced candidate who has the technical expertise to serve in a crew chief role and is motivated for career growth.
ABOUT THE JOB
As part of this team, you would be responsible for:
- Leading a one or two-person field survey crew to perform a broad scope of survey projects
- Overseeing the operation and maintenance of survey equipment used on the job site and assisting with training others
- Preparing field drawings and high-quality notes of each project in accordance with CGA and survey standards
- Providing positive client/public relations as individuals are encountered in the field.
You need to be a Licensed Surveyor in the state of Iowa, or able to obtain a license within six (6) months after the hire date.
You will need 3-5 years of progressive land survey experience and a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
This is primarily a field-work position. Travel to job sites is required, therefore, a valid driver’s license with a good driving record is necessary. You must be capable of working in rough terrain and inclement weather and be able to lift 50-75 pounds.
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE IMPORTANT TO US
- Strong management and leadership skills (i.e. operating with a sense of urgency, managing conflict, exercising tact and patience, providing constructive feedback)
- Effective Analytical/Problem Solving experience
- Working knowledge and skills in CAD and survey software (i.e. AutoCAD Civil3D, Microstation)
- Able to use GPS, Robotic, Total Stations, and Data Collectors
- Strong communication, organization, analytical and interpersonal skills
WHAT WE PREFER
Experience with Trimble survey equipment and software.
WHAT WE OFFER
CGA is employee-owned, offering competitive wages and benefits including
- Generous paid time off policy
- Casual and fun work environment
- Competitive compensation packages
- 401k profit sharing
- Variety of health plans to choose from or a taxable cash benefit in lieu of health insurance
- Flexible scheduling
- Opportunity for advancement
- Cell phone stipend
Please send a cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload your resume using the form below.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com