Website Clapsaddle-Garber Associates, Inc. (CGA)
Engineers | Land Surveyors
CGA is seeking a Civil Engineer specializing in Land Development Engineering to join our growing team. CGA is a mid-sized, full-service civil engineering and land surveying firm headquartered in Marshalltown, Iowa, serving Iowa for over 60 years. CGA offers its employees a work-life balance, a flexible work culture, and a casual and fun work environment. You can choose to be located out of any one of our four offices (Ackley, Ames, Cedar Falls, or Marshalltown).
Finding the Right Fit
We are seeking an engineer with a strong background in land development. To be clear, we aren’t seeking an engineer who is only pursuing a job. We are looking for someone who is ready to take their career to the next level, someone who has strong collaborative skills to move projects forward, someone who wants the freedom to pursue the work they love, someone interested in the opportunity for further ownership.
About the Job
You will be focused on collaborating with a cross-functional team to design site layout plans on a variety of land development projects by utilizing AutoCAD and Civil 3D. You will provide technical expertise in site/civil design, hydrology/hydraulics, erosion and sedimentation control, and stormwater management. Time will be spent coordinating permitting with FEMA, DOT, DNR, County, and local municipalities. You will continue to build client relationships by growing our current clients and pursuing new ones through marketing activities.
Specifically, we’re looking for someone who:
- Has a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Civil Engineering or similar discipline.
- Is in possession of a Professional Engineering License issued by the State of Iowa or can obtain one within six months.
- Has a proven track record of experience in municipal site designs, permitting, and applicable software applications including hydrology modeling programs, storm drainage programs, AutoCAD, and Civil 3D.
- Is an innovative, motivated, and entrepreneurial individual who is committed to providing value to our clients.
- Loves teaching fellow engineers through one-on-one mentorship.
- Takes on construction administration duties, including submittal review, field inspections, RFIs, and change requests, when needed.
- Can quickly acquire familiarity with the roles and functions of the current projects and workload.
- Excels in communication skills including not only written and verbal communication, but strong active listening skills.
- Has strong networking skills to continue to grow our project portfolio.
- Is proficient in the use of computerized office equipment and software, including but not limited to MS Office applications, and Adobe products needed for the performance of work.
Our dream candidate would also have some or all of the following
- Five to ten years of experience in design in Land Development projects
- Proven project management skills
To apply for this job email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below.
CGA is an EEO employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com