CGA_Consultants Clapsaddle-Garber Associates, Inc. (CGA)
CGA is EXPANDING our Survey Team by adding a full-time SURVEY CREW CHIEF / LEAD SURVEYOR in our AMES Office.
ABOUT THE JOB
We want to deploy more than 12 survey crews state-wide. As part of a new team, you would:
- Lead a one or two-person field survey crew to perform a broad scope of survey projects with state-of-the-art Trimble equipment.
- Oversee the operation and maintenance of survey equipment used on the job site and assist with training others.
- Prepare field drawings and high-quality notes of each project.
- Provide positive client/public relations as individuals are encountered in the field.
TO BE CLEAR
You may have formal education in surveying. You may not.
We aren’t seeking an entry-level survey technician.
What we are looking for is someone with fundamental experience, who is ready to take the step to the next level. Someone who can perform all kinds of land surveying fieldwork with confidence and minimal assistance. Someone who is eager to learn and enjoys being outside.
This is primarily a field-work position. Travel to job sites is required, therefore, a valid driver’s license with a good driving record is necessary. While occasional overnight travel might be required, this will be very minimal. You must be capable of working in rough terrain and inclement weather. We hire survey staff with the intention of providing work throughout the winter months. You must be able to lift 50-75 pounds.
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE IMPORTANT TO US
- 1-3 year’s field experience in data collection and construction staking with knowledge of legal descriptions
- Demonstrable communication skills
- Able to use GPS, Robotic, Total Stations, and Data Collectors
- Prior experience using AutoCAD/Civil 3D
- Has a desire to work in varying climates
WHAT WE PREFER
You have an Associate’s degree or completion of a technical trade school in CADD, drafting, or related field.
WHAT WE OFFER
CGA is employee-owned, offering competitive wages and benefits including
- Career development – we support staff who want to become certified Professional Land Surveyors (PLS)
- Generous paid time off policy
- Casual and fun work environment
- Competitive compensation packages
- 401k profit sharing
- Variety of health plans to choose from or a taxable cash benefit in lieu of health insurance
- Flexible scheduling
- Opportunity for advancement
- Cell phone stipend
Please send a cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload your resume using the form below.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com