CGA is EXPANDING our Survey Team by adding a full-time SURVEY CREW CHIEF in our CEDAR FALLS Office.
CGA has had a dedicated Survey Department for over 60 years. This enables us to have access to a variety of survey projects from boundary surveys to 3D scanning to heavy highway staking and beyond. We serve public and private clients throughout Iowa.
We run state-of-the-art equipment. We take career development seriously. We support any survey staff member in their pursuit of becoming a licensed surveyor. We don’t hire survey staff members with the intention of laying them off over winter, they are a crucial part of our team at CGA.
ABOUT THE JOB
As part of this team, you would be responsible for:
- Leading a one or two-person field survey crew to perform a broad scope of survey projects
- Overseeing the operation and maintenance of survey equipment used on the job site and assist with training others
- Preparing field drawings and high-quality notes of each project in accordance with CGA and survey standards
- Providing positive client/public relations as individuals are encountered in the field.
You may have formal education in surveying. You may not. What we need is someone with some fundamental experience, eagerness to learn, and who enjoys being outside.
This is primarily a field-work position. Travel to job sites is required, therefore, a valid driver’s license with a good driving record is necessary. You must be capable of working in rough terrain and inclement weather and be able to lift 50-75 pounds.
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE IMPORTANT TO US
- 1-3 year’s field experience in data collection and construction staking with knowledge of legal descriptions
- Demonstrable communication skills
- Able to use GPS, Robotic, Total Stations, and Data Collectors
- Prior experience using AutoCAD/Civil 3D
WHAT WE PREFER
You have an Associate’s degree or completion of a technical trade school in CADD, drafting, or related field.
WHAT WE OFFER
CGA is employee-owned, offering competitive wages and benefits including
- Generous paid time off policy
- Casual and fun work environment
- Competitive compensation packages
- 401k profit sharing
- Variety of health plans to choose from or a taxable cash benefit in lieu of health insurance
- Flexible scheduling
- Opportunity for advancement
- Cell phone stipend
Please send a cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org