Clapsaddle-Garber Associates, Inc. (CGA)
Engineers | Land Surveyors
CGA (Clapsaddle-Garber Associates, Inc.) is a civil engineering and land surveying firm based in Ackley, Ames, Cedar Falls, and Marshalltown, Iowa. We have provided a full range of quality engineering and land surveying services throughout Central Iowa since 1959. The CGA team includes Professional Engineers, Licensed Land Surveyors, a Real Estate Broker, and a Landscape Architect Intern (L.A.I.). Areas of expertise include aviation facilities; construction administration for public and private clients; residential, commercial, and industrial subdivisions; public, commercial, and private site designs; land surveying and construction staking; right of way acquisition; stormwater studies and management plans; construction testing and observation for public and private clients; studies, planning, and design of traffic, transportation, and recreation facilities; planning and design of water distribution systems; and planning and design of wastewater collection systems.
Survey Crew Chief – Lead Land Surveyor, Marshalltown, Iowa
CGA is seeking a Lead Land Surveyor to join our team. The ideal candidate will have experience in managing land survey projects and leading a team of surveyors. They should be knowledgeable in the use of surveying equipment and software and possess excellent communication and organizational skills.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and opportunities for career growth and advancement. If you are a skilled and motivated surveyor looking for a challenging and rewarding career, please submit your application and resume.
- Plan, organize and manage land survey projects from start to finish
- Lead and supervise a team of surveyors to ensure projects are completed accurately and efficiently
- Conduct field surveys using surveying equipment, such as GPS, total stations, and digital levels
- Analyze survey data and prepare reports and maps using computer-aided design (CAD) software
- Communicate with clients, contractors, and other stakeholders to ensure project requirements are met
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations and company policies
- Train and mentor Surveyor Technicians &/or Civil Engineering Technicians to improve their skills and knowledge
- 3-6 years of experience in land surveying, including project management and leadership roles
- Experience with surveying software, such as AutoCAD, MicroStation, or Trimble Business Center
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication (including written, verbal, and active listening) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel for fieldwork as required
Associate’s degree or completion of a technical trade school in CADD, drafting or related field, plus at least three years of related work experience; or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
The CGA Way:
CGA offers more than the average firm. In addition to our competitive wages, you might be interested in the following benefits:
- Flexible scheduling
- Career Development – we support staff who want to become certified Professional Land Surveyors (PLS)
- Paid Time Off
- Work Environment: Casual and fun
- 401k profit sharing
- Variety of health insurance plans to choose from or a taxable cash benefit in lieu of health insurance if you’re already covered by someone else!
- Opportunity for career advancement
- Cell phone stipend
Please send a cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com or upload your resume using the form below.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org