Website Clapsaddle-Garber Associates
Clapsaddle-Garber Associates (CGA) has an immediate opening for full-time Entry Level Survey Technicians to work in our Ackley and Marshalltown offices. We have 12-full time survey crews using state-of-the-art equipment to complete our surveys. We are looking for someone to assist the Lead Surveyor or Land Surveyor Party Chief in completing survey work. We work on a wide variety of large and small projects ranging from municipal infrastructure (i.e. water main, sanitary sewer, storm sewer, and streets) to large-scale agricultural drainage districts.
Primary responsibilities will include working with our field survey crews on a variety of surveying activities from construction to boundary and topographic surveys. Additionally, you will work directly with senior staff in reviewing field notes and assuring construction calculations are developed/correct.
While individuals with prior land surveying experience are preferred, individuals exhibiting a strong work ethic and willingness to learn will be considered. The applicant must be able to work extended hours including Saturdays, and have the ability to travel out of town for extended periods of time on an as-needed basis, be capable of working in rough terrain and inclement weather, and be able to lift 50-75 pounds.
- You must possess a valid Driver’s License.
- Knowledge of basic math including knowledge of geometry, trigonometry, and algebra.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team with co-workers and managers.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally, in writing, and active listening skills.
- Proficient in the use of computerized office equipment and programs, including MS Office Suite and Adobe
- Highly motivated, resourceful, and able to work independently with minimal
- AA Degree in Civil and Construction Engineering Technology or any other technical degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of information sources used to determine land ownership and location of telephone and power cables, water and gas mains.
- Familiarity with GPS, Robotic, Total Stations, and Data Collectors.
- Prior experience using AutoCAD/Civil 3D and/or MicroStation.
CGA offers our employees a generous paid time off time policy, casual and fun work environment, competitive compensation packages, taxable cash benefit in lieu of health insurance, a profit-sharing 401(k), and a cell phone stipend.
Why Should You Apply?
- Engineers and Land Surveyors will depend on you
- You will be working on diverse projects
- We will challenge you to grow.
- And we like to have fun
Please send a cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com.
Clapsaddle-Garber Associates is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org