Clapsaddle-Garber Associates (CGA)
Engineers | Land Surveyors
CGA is seeking a Water/Wastewater Engineer to join our growing team. We are a mid-sized, full-service civil engineering and land surveying firm headquartered in Marshalltown, Iowa, serving Iowa for over 60 years. CGA offers its employees a work-life balance, a flexible work culture, and a casual and fun work environment. You can choose to be located out of any one of our four offices (Ackley, Ames, Cedar Falls, or Marshalltown).
Finding the Right Fit
We are seeking an Engineer with a strong background in Water and Wastewater. To be clear, we aren’t seeking an engineer who is only interested in coordinating hands-on work. We’re looking for someone who has the capacity to become the Service Line Team Lead, someone who wants to be considered an essential contributor to our firm, who is innovative and possesses strong collaboration skills.
About the Job
You will be focused on mentoring the existing staff with projects through planning, design, and construction phases for Water/Waste Water projects. This includes managing all activities related to project scope, schedule, cost, quality, communications, resources, and risk elements to optimize client service. Project types could include water and wastewater treatment facilities and related infrastructure projects. You will also develop relationships with local clients, support business development efforts, and pursue new projects.
Specifically, we’re looking for someone who:
- At a minimum has a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Environmental or Civil Engineering with an emphasis in water and wastewater or similar discipline.
- Is in possession of a Professional Engineering License issued by the State of Iowa or can obtain one within six months.
- Has a proven track record of experience and expertise in the design of water supply and wastewater treatment infrastructures.
- Is an innovative, motivated, and entrepreneurial individual who is committed to providing value to our clients.
- Can quickly acquire familiarity with the roles and functions of the current projects and workload.
- Excels in communication skills including not only written and verbal communication, but strong active listening skills.
- Loves teaching fellow engineers through one-on-one mentorship.
- Has strong networking skills to continue to grow our project portfolio.
- Is proficient in the use of computerized office equipment and software, including but not limited to MS Office applications, and Adobe products needed for the performance of work.
- Has experience with AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
Our dream candidate would also have some or all of the following:
- Five to ten years of experience in the design of Water and Wastewater projects.
To apply for this job email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below.
CGA is an EEO employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com