Right of Way Acquisition is the practice of acquiring real property for public use. Generally, the land is used for public improvements such as roadway or utility projects, but any use that serves a public purpose may be eligible.
The actual acquisition of land is a process that many public employees would like to avoid. CGA has the experience and knowledge to perform these duties in a manner which will be respectful of the property owner, yet get the project done on time.
CGA will minimize the stress that is commonly associated with land acquisition. For you, the client, we will provide turn-key results with a positive public perception. For the property owner, we provide empathetic service during a trying time, allowing the acquiring authority to be perceived in a more positive light.
The end result is a project that will create good neighbors. The primary objective is client satisfaction, but the public’s satisfaction shouldn’t suffer.
We provide a “knowledge bank,” sharing the same resources.
Our engineering expertise sets us apart from other ROW firms. By having the design expertise in-house we have the ability to understand how the acquired property will be used. A project can run smoother with the design engineer and the right of way agent under the same roof.
Easement Acquisition Process
- Preliminary conversations with landowners regarding project purpose and route, if desired.
- Preliminary plans (area of proposed easement) completed.
- Send official notice per Iowa Code 6B.2A of Public Hearing for the project to all possible affected property owners at least 30 days before Hearing.
- Street and Highway Widening or New Alignments
- Airport Expansion
- Airport Clear Zones
- Public Utility Expansions
- Commercial Development
BENEFITS TO YOU
- Enhance, Relieve, and Extend your Staff
- Seamless Integration into the Entire Engineering Process
- Minimize Conflict – Let Us be the Buffer
- Cost Savings
- Efficient and Effective
- Public Utilities
- Private Developments
- Commercial Developments